Requirements for a new Machine Readable Passport (MRP) [ Hand written passport to MRP]
Any Bangladesh citizen who has valid hand written passport/ Machine Readable Passport (MRP) can apply Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin for new MRP (Machine Readable Passport). The following things are required:
- Filled-in MRP Online Application Form (with bar code) printed copy
- Online Appointment for MRP to give biometric data (finger print) printed copy
- 01 (one) copy recent passport size photograph
- 01 (one) set photocopy of existing valid Bangladesh Passport (1-5 page for hand written and 1-2 page for MRP) and original valid Bangladesh Passport
- Photocopy of applicant’s National ID Card or Digital Birth Certificate (with 17-digit number)
- Copy of valid Student ID card (If anyone wants student discount; only for students with valid student ID card) and original student ID card
- Proof of payment for MRP to Embassy Bank Account [Copy of Bank transfer slip/Überweisung Euro 110,- normal; Euro 35,- for student discount only for college and university student] (Embassy Bank Account details: Embassy of Bangladesh: Deutsche Bank, BLZ:100700 00, Account No:060 7788, IBAN: DE 21 1007 0000 0060 7788 00, BIC (Swift code): DEUTDEBBXXX)]
Please make an online appointment to give biometric data (finger print, digital photo, digital signature etc) at the Embassy to complete your MRP process. Please come to Embassy with all documents (serial number: 1-7 as stated above) in your hand according to your online appointment schedule.
Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin only process Machine Readable Passport (MRP) applications but the printed MRP comes from Dhaka. So, it requires usually 6-8 weeks (sometimes more than that) to get MRP after successful bio-enrolment (digital photo, thumb print, signature etc.) at the Embassy.
Kindly note that Hand Written Application Form for MRP is not acceptable.
MRP Online Application Form