Requirements for a new Electronic Passport (ePP) [MRP to ePP]
Any Bangladesh citizen who has valid Machine Readable Passport (MRP)/digital birth certificate/NID can apply Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin for new ePP (electronic Passport). Please note that the applicant must be present in-person to the Embassy during enrollment. The following things are required:
- Filled-in online application form (with bar code) printed copy (please visit www.epassport.gov.bd)
- Online Appointment for ePP to give biometric data (finger print) printed copy
- 01 (one) copy recent passport size photograph
- 01 (one) set photocopy of existing valid Bangladesh Passport (1-2 page for MRP) and original valid Bangladesh Passport
- Photocopy of applicant’s National ID Card or Digital Birth Certificate (including 17 digit number with a copy of online verification)
- Copy of valid Student ID card (If anyone wants student discount; only for students with valid student ID card) and original student ID card.
- Other relevant documents ( such as, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, notary public etc.)
- Proof of payment for ePP to Embassy Bank Account. The Embassy Bank Account details: Embassy of Bangladesh: Deutsche Bank, Account NO. : 233 27 73, IBAN : DE 80 1007 0000 0233 2773 00, BIC (swift-code) : DEUTDEBBXXX)].
No. of pages Duration (Years) Payment (in euro)
Student (only university level)
Child (0-18 years)
Please make an online appointment to give biometric data (finger print, digital photo, digital signature etc) at the Embassy to complete your ePP process. Please come to Embassy with all documents (serial number: 1-8 as stated above) in your hand according to your online appointment schedule.
Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin only process Electronic Passport (ePP) applications but the printed ePP comes from Dhaka. So, it requires usually 8-10 weeks (sometimes more than that) to get ePP after successful bio-enrolment (digital photo, thumb print, signature etc.) at the Embassy.
Kindly note that Hand Written Application Form for ePP is not acceptable. The Embassy will not provide ‘express’ service to the applicant.