Requirements for a MRP re-issue against old MRP:
Any Bangladesh citizen who has valid Machine Readable Passport (MRP) that will expire soon can also apply Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin for re-issue new MRP (Machine Readable Passport) against old MRP. The old MRP holders are requested to start MRP applications process at least 4 month before the validity of expires dates. The following things are required to send to Embassy by registered post to start new MRP application process:
- Filled-in MRP Online Application Form (with bar code) printed copy
- 01 (one) copy recent passport size photograph
- 01 (one) set of photocopy of existing valid Bangladesh Passport (1-5 page)
- Photocopy of applicant’s National ID Card or Digital Birth Certificate
- Copy of valid Student ID card (If anyone wants student discount; only for College and University students with valid student ID card)
- Proof of payment for MRP to Embassy Bank Account [Copy of Bank transfer slip/Überweisung Euro 110,- normal; Euro 35,- for student discount only for college and university student] (Embassy Bank Account details: Embassy of Bangladesh: Deutsche Bank, Account No: 233 27 73, IBAN: DE 80 1007 0000 0233 2773 00, BIC (Swift code): DEUTDEBBXXX)]
- Copy of marriage certificate (If marital status has changed and the applicant wants to include spouse name in the new MRP)
- Self addressed envelope with stamp (Please write your name and address to get delivery slip/ enrolment ID of your new MRP application)
- For any kind of amendment / correction in the application form (for MRP issue/ reissue), the applicant must be present in Person in the Embassy.
Kindly send all documents (serial number: 1-8 as stated above) to Embassy with registered post to complete your MRP process. As you have old MRP, your biometric data (finger print, digital photo, digital signature etc) will remain valid in MRP central data base which we will use for your new MRP. So you need not to come again for biometric data. The Embassy will complete your application and send a delivery slip/ enrolment ID documents of your new MRP application against old one into your given envelope to your written address.
In rare cases, your old biometric data may not be found. In that cases, the Embassy will contact with you by e-mail/ phone for taking bio-metric data again (it happens approximately 1-2% cases) and in that cases you need to come at the Embassy. If you want to change your biometric data (finger print, digital photo, digital signature etc) then you need to take an online appointment as new MRP application process.
Bangladesh Embassy in Berlin only process Machine Readable Passport (MRP) applications, but the printed MRP comes from Dhaka. So, it requires usually 6-8 weeks (sometimes more than that) to get MRP after successful application enrolment.
Kindly note that no hand written Application Form for MRP will be accepted.