Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Visitors from countries where Bangladesh does not have an Embassy or Mission, and from nations that issue Landing Permits (LP) or Visa on Arrival (VOA) to Bangladeshi travelers, are eligible for Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka.
Foreign investors, exporters, and individuals attending government-organized seminars or symposiums in Bangladesh are also eligible for Visa on Arrival (VOA). VOA applicants must provide valid documents from relevant authorities, such as BOI (Board of Investment), BEPZA (Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority), BGMEA (Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association), FBCCI (Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry), and the concerned Ministries of the Government.
The immigration officer at the point of entry (airports, land ports, etc.) will grant VOA after reviewing all pertinent documents and ensuring full compliance. Please use the same port for both entry and departure. Individuals from countries subject to official bans, however, do not qualify for Visa on Arrival (VOA) or Landing Permit (LP).
Visa Duration of VOA: Maximum 30 days, single entry
Eligible categories for Visa on Arrival (VOA) or Landing Permit (LP)
People from the following categories in European countries may obtain a Visa on Arrival (VOA) at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka:
- Business and trade officials
- Prospective investors
- Members of defense and security forces with prior clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of Bangladesh
- Spouses and children of foreign citizens of Bangladeshi origin (at the port of entry, such VOA applicants must provide proof of Bangladeshi origin, e.g., citizenship certificates or current/expired Bangladesh passports)
- Officers and staff of foreign Embassies, UN, and subsidiary organizations located in Bangladesh (VOA applicants must submit their appointment letters and other relevant travel documents). Additionally, citizens of the above-mentioned European countries are eligible for Visa on Arrival if they travel to Bangladesh from a country without a resident Bangladesh Embassy or Consulate.
Requirements for Visa on Arrival (VOA):
VOA applicants must confirm the following before departing for Bangladesh:
- Fees to be paid at the point of entry in cash (USD/Euro/Pound Sterling)
- Minimum USD 500 in cash or a credit card (except for those on government duty)
- Return ticket for a short-term stay
- Valid passports (Holders of Certificates/Laissez-passes issued by the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies and Continuous Discharge Certificates/Nullies/Seaman books when traveling on duty are exempt from this requirement.)